- Ability to specify the ranges of pages that you want to create an Index for in the book.
- Ability to specify lists of terms to force include/exclude them in the Index.
- Ability to specify a query to force include/exclude its corresponding terms in the Index. For example this could allow you to index Names like “William Shakespeare” and write them the way you want in the final index, i.e. “Shakespeare, William“.
- Ability to edit the generated index before saving it (skip some index terms, add new index terms, edit indexed terms, …)
- Ability to define footnote/endnote numbers for the indexed terms.
- Ability to define Header words, Sub-Header words,…(4 levels of words) to indent them in the Index. i.e:
Controlling phase, 79, 81-87
Issues and bugs, 84-85
Looping back, 86
Management risks, 82-84
Estimates accuracy, 82-83
Inaccurate dependencies , 84
Measuring deliverables, 81-82, 86
- Ability to create cross-references in the index. i.e: Physicians, 12-14, 121; see also Hospitals; Medical schools
- Ability to write the index terms in the index as links, referring to their corresponding pages in the book.
- Ability to append the generated index to your book, or write it to a new PDF or text file.
- Ability to specify the dimensions of the Index pages in the PDF book.
- Ability to specify after which page in the book you want to write the generated index.
- Ability to handle encrypted (password protected) books.
- Ability to use the program through the Command Line (Terminal).
- Ability to index multiple books at the same time through the Command Line.
- Ability to merge more than one Index together.
- PDF Index Generator supports all PDFs written in latin languages: i.e. Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, and many other languages.
- PDF Index Generator comes with a number of word categories containing the most famous English words (verbs, prepositions, . . . ) to exclude them. You can also create your own categories, and you can import/export them too.
- PDF Index Generator comes with a number of book index templates (Themes), where you can choose any of them to be applied while writing the Index to your book. You can also create your own templates.
- PDF Index Generator does not require Adobe Acrobat to be installed.